Pepparkakor: Ginger biscuits
1. Slightly heat the butter in a pan with the sugar and pour into a mixing bowl. Add the spices and syrup and mix everything with the mixer. Whip the cream until it is semi-stiff and add it.
2. Mix the baking powder with half of the flour and add it to the butter. Gradually add the remaining flour while stirring.
3. Knead the dough well on a floured surface and then wrap it in cling film or put it back into the bowl and leave to rest, covered, in the refrigerator for a day.
4. On the next day, remove the dough in portions and roll it out very thinly. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C.
5. Cut out different figures with moulds and place them on a greased baking sheet (or baking paper) and bake for about 5 minutes until the biscuits are nice and brown.
6. Leave to cool completely before packing them away. Note that the Pepparkakor are highly sensitive to moisture, so be careful that they do not become soft during storage.